Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

DANI AND KELLY

Today I was feeling rather melancholy as I drove home from work. You know that feeling you have when you realize the world as you've known it is about to take giant shift? Well, that is what I was experiencing this evening. I was listening to the Pride and Prejudice soundtrack as I headed home on northbound I15. It is Dani's CD and her favorite movie so that definitely played into the picture. I was also thinking about Dani and Kelly who were at that moment entering the Salt Lake Temple to go through a session. The thought struck me hard that in just a few days those two people won't be hanging around the house anymore. What a void it will leave in my life when we no longer have Dani and Kelly sitting on any of our four couches or the porch, missing their help making dinner or setting & clearing the table, to not see them holding hands and looking so happy all the time. To not have stacks of wedding gifts in various places, the little piles of partially-written thank you notes or half-packed boxes of miscellaneous items sitting around in many rooms. How much I will miss Dani's little blue car parked out front getting all water-spotted from the sprinklers. How odd to not have Kelly's car parked the wrong direction in front of the mailbox risking another note from the mailman. No wonder I'm feeling slightly blue; without those two young people around we're bound to feel a loss. The summer of '09 will seem a little less bright and green when Kelly and Dani Ahern move off to Baltimore, MD. Our days will be a little less light and our minds will carry a little more worry to bed each night. We'll miss you two more than you can know!

3 comments:

Dani said...

Thanks Mom,
We're going to miss you too!

Dean and Sheri said...

You made a lump in my throat!

Anonymous said...

That's so sad! I'm going to miss them too.