Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Hello garden, hello yard, hello life

I finished my last final today.  I sat for three hours regurgitating onto paper all I had learned (or at least what I could remember of what I learned).  I wonder how often I will use the Quadratic Formula after today?

Walking out of the classroom, I started thinking about all the things I have set aside over the past few weeks as I have concentrated my time on study groups and homework.  I could hardly wait to get home today and work in the garden, putter in my flower beds and mop the floor, but before I even got home I did something I had neglected far too long and called Dani.

We had a nice visit and caught up on some of the things we've both been doing, she enjoying her summer off from teaching and me spending far too much time in a classroom.

I wandered into the yard late this afternoon and deadheaded flowers, pulled weeds and picked up debris from that horrendous storm we suffered on Monday morning.  I made my way to the garden where I spent the next couple of hours picking veggies, tying up tomato vines, spreading mulch, and pulling out the rest of the lettuce and old cilantro plants to make room for the new ones I planted.  I ate several handfuls of raspberries right off the canes and then came back into the house to prepare a veggie stir fry for dinner with the onion, pepper, tomatoes, and squash I picked.

I'm going to do my very best to spend the three weeks enjoying summer break before fall semester starts and its back to the books.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Sounds like a nice day! Enjoy the rest of your summer and the bounties of your garden!