Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 19, 2010

'Wood'in It Be Nice?

For eleven years I have lived with carpet under our dining room table and at the back door. Isn't that horrible?! I've said to Rob numerous times over those years that I would rather live with plywood than the carpet, at least I could sweep or wipe it if something got spilled (and believe me there have been spills over the last 11 years!).

So last week, I finally got my wish and we pulled up that carpet and threw it out on the back patio. I kicked the roll a few times just to vent 11 years worth of disgust and frustration. Then we carried in thousands of pounds of wood flooring. On Monday, our new floor started going down and the existing hardwood in the kitchen and entry got a refinish job.
Tuesday the new floor was down, holes filled and sanding started. By Wednesday evening, the stain and first coat of sealer was on the wood. Thursday two more coats of finish was applied and we were amazed at what a difference it makes in our house. We are so excited to have our new floor down and the old floors refinshed to match.

Now we need to sand down and repaint all the moldings and walls, replace all the upstairs carpet, get new light fixtures, buy new furniture, get the granite countertops and glass tile backsplashes installed....

1 comment:

Dani said...

It looks nice! I can't wait to see it in person...someday.