Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday

Dear The Georgia Pages @ Blogspot,

Happy, happy birthday!

One year ago today I wrote my very first blog post. That means it has been just over one year since I was release as Relief Society President and I had to try to figure out what to do with my life.

When we were driving home from Idle Isle last night with our dear friends, the Marsdens, Margie asked me how I felt about being release from that calling. Even a year later, I am not completely sure how I feel. I know I'm relieved at not having all the responsibility for the health and well-being of every sister in the ward; but I truly miss the relationship of my presidency, the confidence I felt bestowed upon me by the Lord, His miraculous blessings I enjoyed every day of those three and and half years of service, the home visits with the women of my area and the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost I felt inspiring and uplifting me.

Life moves on and some years move faster than others...this one has gone by quickly.

2 comments:

Margie said...

We had so much fun with you and Rob the other night. Thanks for taking the time to spend an evening with us.

I always enjoy hearing about your adventures growing up! I remember going down to Utah Lake and going ice skating as a young girl. I loved it. My dad is actually a beautiful ice skater!

I love what a great memory you have. It really does remind me of Tim.

Dean and Sheri said...

I always enjoy reading your posts about your childhood memories. I mean that, even though it makes me a little covetous. I grew up surrounded by asphalt streets, concrete sidewalks and traffic...Southern Cali. I did spent long vacations in Arkansas on my great-grandparents farm. Those are my very best childhood memories. I never wanted to go home when it was time. I preferred the country with the chickens, song-birds, fields full of corn and other crops, drinking water from the well, etc. But it was always back to the city I went...my heart always stayed behind at Granny and Papaw Burke's farm at 1020 Columbia 37. Maybe I should write about my memories of those precious times?!
Thanks so much for sharing your memories. I must admit though that the paranoid mother in me got a little nervous picturing you and your friends skating on that huge frozen expanse of water!