Total Pageviews

Friday, January 8, 2010

Fridays

Fridays are my favorite day of the week.

I really love Friday!

For the last few months, I've been taking Fridays off from work, so I usually sleep in a little bit (which starts the day off nicely). I also get to catch up on all the things I've wanted to do during the work week, but just didn't get the chance to do.

Today for example, I had the pleasure of snowshoeing this morning with my good friend Mary Kay Pfost. She owns two sets of snowshoes and allowed me to tag along for her morning excersise. In the past, I haven't found winter sports to my liking but that changed today as we hiked up the hills above town in the most beautiful sparkling snow you can imagine. Mary Kay was identifying deer, rabbit and bobcat tracks in the otherwise untouched snow. The sky was so blue and the snow so white; the air so crisp and the view so spectacular; the company so fun and the excersise so exhilerating, I couldn't help loving this adventure. (I hope Mary Kay will invite me again soon...hint, hint).

When I got home, I had a quick shower and the auto glass guy came and installed a new windshield in the Jeep. I washed the bedsheets, vacummed the floors, folded all the laundry and put it away, took a load of stuff to the Deseret Industries and dusted all the furniture. I also roasted a turkey, made homemade gravy, mashed potatoes and a huge salad. The house smelled delicious and felt clean. I am in such a good mood after my wonderful Friday, I would almost wish every day were Friday...but then Fridays wouldn't be special and I wouldn't appreciate them like I do right now.

2 comments:

Dean and Sheri said...

Funny you should mention snow shoeing...I've asked Justin to take me snow shoeing sometime soon. I'm not a big fan of winter, snow or cold but I figure...If ya cant beat it ya better figure a way to enjoy it. Thanks for sharing your Friday.

Dani said...

I love Fridays too!
And I love cleaning house. Kelly and I finally got around to throwing out our Christmas tree and we cleaned up our apartment and I'm loving being in our neat little home! Now I just need to chip our gingerbread house off of the plate...